Dr David Sim is a senior consultant in the cardiology department at the National Heart Centre in Singapore.
- Royal College of Physicians (UK) diploma, 2004
- Masters of Medicine (Internal Medicine), National University of Singapore, 2004
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, National University of Singapore, 2004
Dr Sim is the director of both the heart failure programme and the clinical trial research office and plays an active role as coordinator in a number of major global heart failure trials. He is a committee member of the adult heart transplant programme in the NHCS and is the project director for the advanced care planning programme.1
He has worked as an associate professor at the Duke National University of Singapore Graduate Medical School and is currently president of the Heart Failure Society (Singapore).
He has contributed to the development of cardiology across different countries in Asia and the Pacific Region, playing an active role in the setting up of the heart failure programme in countries like Vietnam and Mongolia.2
- Deputy Head, Department of Cardiology, National Heart Centre Singapore, 2022 - Present
- Senior Consultant, Department of Cardiology, National Heart Centre Singapore
- Director of Heart Failure Programme, National Heart Centre Singapore
- Director of Clinical Trials, National Heart Centre Singapore, May 2020 to Present
- Clinical Associate Professor, Duke-NUS Medical School
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK since 2004
- Vice President of the Heart Failure Society (Singapore)3
- SingHealth Residency Outstanding Faculty Award Academic Year 2015/2016
- Health Services Development Programme Award 2011 (Ministry of Health Singapore): Ultrafiltration for Heart Failure (Project Director)
- SingHealth Best Registrar Award 2008
- SingHealth Health Manpower Development Plan Award 2008
Areas of Speciality
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplant
Jack Tan Wei Chieh, Jonathan Yap, James Xu , et al
Articles by David Sim, Consultant
David Sim, Weiqin Lin, Andrew Sindone, et al
Citation: Journal of Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology 2023;2:e10.
Khung Keong Yeo, Jack Wei Chieh Tan, David WM Muller, et al
Citation: European Cardiology Review 2021;16:e25.
Jack Wei Chieh Tan, David Sim, Junya Ako, et al
Citation: European Cardiology Review 2021;16:e14.