Dr Ehrin J Armstrong (Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center, Denver, CO, US) discusses the results of the TANGO trial.
This study is a prospective, multi-centre, randomized, dose-escalation study to document the effects of adventitial delivery of temsirolimus (Torisel) after revascularization of lesions below-the-knee in symptomatic patients with critical limb ischaemia (CLI).
1. Why was the TANGO study conducted?
2. Can you please tell us about direct adventitial delivery in infrapopliteal treatments?
3. What was design, patient population and endpoints?
4. What were your key results?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. What further research is needed?
Recorded remotely from Denver, 2020.
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros