Dr Marc P Bonaca (University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, US) discusses the results of the THEMIS trial focusing on the THEMIS-PAD substudy.
THEMIS compared the effect of ticagrelor versus placebo in patients with Type 2 Diabetes. The purpose of the substudy was to evaluate ticagrelor/aspirin compared with placebo/aspirin among patients with stable coronary artery disease and type 2 diabetes.
1. What is the rationale for the THEMIS-PAD trial?
2. What was the objective of the analysis?
3. What was the design of the trial?
4. What are your key findings?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. What further research is needed?
Recorded remotely from Aurora, 2020.
Recording Editors: Natascha Wienand and Tom Green
Editor: Mirjam Boros