In this interview, Dr Eric Secemsky (Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, US) discusses the findings from the SAFE-PAD study, which evaluated the risk of mortality when using Paraclitaxel-coated peripheral devices.
1. Why is this study important?
2. What is the study design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What was the primary analytic strategy?
4. What are your findings to date? Should these prompt new FDA advice?
5. What are the take-home messages?
6. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Boston, MA, 2021.
Interviewer: Jordan Rance