Cardiac Arrhythmia Management During COVID-19 Pandemic
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has had a major impact on health care systems across the globe. The practice of cardiology, electrophysiology and specifically cardiac rhythm management has been altered in order to control the spread and to prioritize resources for urgent (COVID-19) cases.
This online symposium provides a platform for experts from Europe, Middle East & Africa region to discuss matters associated with cardiac devices and rhythm management during the pandemic.
The symposium highlights how this pandemic will likely affect delivery of patient care and potentially alter the practice of electrophysiology and cardiac rhythm management in the future. The speakers will discuss the COVID-19 impact on the management of the medical teams, as well as patients with rhythm disorders including pre-op assessment, procedural considerations, and follow-up.
The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 11 Box F1, 1935 Zaventem, Belgium, +32 2 774 68 11
Brief Summary: Prior to using these devices, please review the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse events and directions for use.
™ Indicates a trademark of the Abbott group of companies.
‡ Indicates a third-party trademark, which is property of its respective owner.
© 2020 Abbott. All Rights Reserved.
MAT-2004312 v1.0 | Information contained herein intended for audiences from outside the United States only.
Oussama M Wazni
This webinar is supported by
14:00 – 14:05
14:05 – 14:20
Managing Covid-19 from Institutional Perspective: Cleveland Clinic Experience (Dr Oussama Wazni, US)
14:20 – 14:35
Patient Management and Cardiovascular Outcomes (Dr Daniel Cantillon, US)
14:35 – 14:50
The Role of Telemedicine (Dr Niraj Varma, US)
14:50 – 15:00
Key Learning Objectives
- To discuss the change in the cardiologist role during this pandemic.
- To increase the safety of device implantation in hospitals.
- To understand options in managing cardiovascular patients during the outbreak of coronavirus.
- To give advice to patients who were implanted with CIED.
- To discuss how Coronavirus will change the practice of cardiac rhythm management in the future.
- To discuss the role of telemedicine and telemonitoring after the pandemic.
- This one-hour webinar will be of value to all physicians and healthcare professionals involved in the care of cardiovascular patients, particularly those with implantable cardiac devices.