Dr Efthimios D Avgerinos (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, US) discusses the use of standard against ultrasound-assisted thrombolysis for the treatment of submassive pulmonary embolisms.
1. What is the rationale of this trial?
2. What were the design, inclusion criteria, and endpoints of the trial?
3. What were the key results?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. How should these findings impact clinical practice?
6. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Pittsburgh, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Mike Knight