For PH-HFpEF patients, the heart muscles are too weak to pump blood properly, despite the fact that the heart beats normally and is an area with no approved treatment options.
In this video, Dr Borlaug (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, US) discusses the primary results of the Hemodynamic Evaluation of Levosimendan in Patients With PH-HFpEF (HELP) trial.
1. What is the rationale behind this trial?
2. What is the trial design?
3. What are the primary results of the trial?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. Did COVID-19 impact the study?
Recorded remotely from Rochester, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Tom Green