Prof Philipp Lurz (Heart Center of Leipzig, Leipzig, DE) discusses the findings from the EFFECTIVENES Trial. The study aimed to establish invasive and non-invasive measures of arterial stiffness as potential predictors of treatment response to renal sympathetic denervation.
1. What prompted you to conduct this study?
2. What was the study design, endpoints, and patient population?
3. What are the key results?
4. What conclusions can be made and what are the implications for practice?
5. What are the next steps?
6. What are the take-home messages?
Recorded remotely from Leipzig, 2021.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros