Specialist in internal medicine, cardiology, sports medicine and medical quality management
Praxisklinik Herz und Gefäße
Prof. Dr. Med. Stefan G. Spitzer is a specialist in internal medicine, cardiology, sports medicine and medical quality management, and is also the Chairman of the Board of the German Society for Integrated Care in Health Care (DGIV). He is the co-founder of Praxisklinik Herz und Gefäße and has a multidisciplinary group practice in Dresden, where he has been medical director of the electrophysiology and pacemaker therapy division since 1997 and chief executive officer since 2002.
Since November 2010, he has been an honorary professor at the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg with teaching duties in the fields of medicine and medical technology.
2019 DGK (German Society of Cardiology - Heart and Circulation Research e. V.): Heart Failure
2015 DGK (German Society for Cardiology - Heart and Circulation Research e. V.):
Recognition as deputy head of advanced training "Interventional Cardiology" of the advanced training center "Praxisklinik Herz und Gefäße".
2014 DGK (German Society of Cardiology - Heart and Circulation Research e. V.): Recognition as advanced training leader "Special Rhythmology" of the Advanced Training Center Heart and Vascular Practice Clinic
2013 DGK (German Society of Cardiology - Heart and Circulation Research): Special Rhythmology (Invasive Electrophysiology and Active Cardiac Rhythm Implants). Interventional Cardiology
2010 IBHRE (International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners) exam formerly NASPExAM: Certification Examination for Competency in Cardiac Rhythm Device Therapy for the Physician (CCDS) 1999 Testamur NASPExAM
- Since 1990, member of the German Society of Cardiology - Cardiovascular Research e.V. (DGK)
- Since 1996 Head of the expert courses HSM (ICD / CRT)
- Since 2005 Expert of the DGK
- Since 1990 Member of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- Since 2004 Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (F.E.S.C.)
- Since 2013 Member of the European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions
- Since 1991 Member of the German Society for Clinical Microcirculation and Hemorheology (DGKMH)
- Since 1998 Member of the German Association of Cardiologists in Private Practice (BNK)
- Since 1999 Member of the Heart Rhythm Society (formerly NASPE)
- Since 2015 Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society
- 2000 Member of the American Heart Association (AHA)
Reviewer for the journals: "Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology (PACE)", "Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology (JICE)", "Europace (EP)", "Journal of American College of Cardiology (JACC EP)", "Journal of American College of Cardiology (JACC)", "Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology (JCE)," "Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Review," "Innovations in cardiac Rhythm Management," "International Journal of Cardiology," "Journal of Biomaterials and Biological Interfaces," "Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology," "HEART."