Hakim Ben Amer
Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud
Dr. Hakim Ben Amer
MEDICAL EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- 1981-1987 Medical studies (Medical School Pitié-Salpétrière, University Paris VI). MD degree.
- 1987 Certificate of clinical and therapeutic synthesis (Medical School Pitié-Salpétrière, University Paris VI).
-1987 Residency in Paris Hospitals
-1992 Completion of the cardiology specialty level (Diploma of specialized studies in cardio-vascular pathology). Board certification.
-1992 Medical thesis presented on September 16, 1992 at the medical school of Hôpital Saint-Antoine (Paris VI)
Syndromes of sleep apnea, clinical and echocardiographic study. Study performed in Prof. Valty’s department under the guidance of Dr Ariel Cohen at Hôpital Saint-Antoine (Silver medal).
- 1992 Post Graduate Academic Degree in physiology and cardio-circulatory physiopathology (Dr Swynghedauw) – Broussais Hospital – Inserm 256 unit (cellular eclectrophysiology) under the guidance of Prof. J.Y. Le Heuzey.
‘Prolongation of human atrial cell repolarization and early post-depolarization – contribution to the analysis of the atrial arrhythmia mechanism’
MEMBERSHIP IN MEDICAL SOCIETIES
- Associate Member of the French Society of Cardiology (since January 1996)
- Member of the Thrombosis working group of the French Society of Cardiology (since January 1996)
- Member of the Angiography and Interventional Cardiology working group of the French Society of Cardiology (1998)
- 1997 Interventional Cardiologist – Head of the Hemodynamics and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory – Hôpital Européen de la Roseraie
- 2006 Interventional Cardiologist – Hôpital Foch. Head of cardiology department
- 2008 Interventional Cardiologist – ICPS – Institut Hospitalier Jacques Cartier and Hôpital Privé Claude Galien