Dr Galati is responsible for the Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies centre in San Raffaele Hospital Milan, he has relevant expertise in all aspects of Heart Failure: from diagnosis to physiopathology, biomarkers, prognosis, evaluation of congestion, management model to innovation, research and new therapies.
His expertise encompasses the full spectrum of cardiomyopathies: Hypertrophic, Dilated, Arrhtymogenic, Restrictive and Unclassified Cardiomyopathies (i.e. Takotsubo and Left Ventricular Non-Compaction).
Special competence in histopathology and infiltrative diseases: cardiac amyloidosis and sarcoidosis.
New strategies for the management of advanced heart failure as well as expertise in the field of heart transplantation and new assist device are also topics of expertise
- Fellow of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC
- Member of the Study Group on Cardiomyopathies 2020-2022 of Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC
- Member of the Study Group on Myocarditis 2018-2020 of Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC
- Heart Failure Specialists of Tomorrow (HoT) representative and coordinator for Italy
- Italian Federation of Cardiology (IFC) Young Ambassador for Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC
- HFA of ESC: Certification of Competence in Heart Failure. Heart Failure Certification Exam 2016
- CERTIFICATE IN HEART FAILURE MANAGEMENT after Postgraduate Course In Heart Failure London. Organized by the Zurich Heart House and endorsed by the HF British Society & by the British Cardiovascular Society (2019-21)
- SECOND LEVEL MEDICAL MASTER ON COMPETENCE IN HEART FAILURE 2017 - Organized by the University of Florence and by the Italian Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Italy
- EACVI of ESC: Level 1 certification in CMR
Dr Galati is contactable here.
VideoESC 2020: Commentary on the EMPEROR-Reduced Study
Articles by Giuseppe Galati, Consultant Cardiologist Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies
Giuseppe Galati, Pierre Sabouret, Olga Germanova, et al
Citation: European Cardiology Review 2021;16:e40.