An Army combat veteran, Dr Alexander G Truesdell previously served in infantry, intelligence, medical and special operations units in the United States, Europe, the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan.1
He is now an Interventional Cardiologist and Co-Director of the Multidisciplinary Cardiac Shock Team at Inova Heart and Co-Director of Interventional Cardiology Research at Virginia Heart.
Dr Truesdell is based in North Virginia and enjoys biking, hiking and camping with his family. “As an interventionalist, I am privileged to offer preventive care, clinical research innovations and lifesaving emergency care to my fellow Virginians," he says.1
Dr Truesdell earned his medical degree from the University of Southern California in 1998, completed residency training in Internal Medicine at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in 2005 and fellowship training at Brown University in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology in 2013.1, 2
Dr Truesdell is Co-director of the Cardiogenic Shock Service at the Inova Heart & Vascular Institute. As an Interventional Cardiologist, he specializes in complex coronary interventions, coronary chronic total occlusions, mechanical circulatory support and cardiogenic shock.1
He is a Fellow of FSCAI (the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions), the American College of Cardiology and the Society for Vascular Medicine. He is also an investigator on multiple international cardiovascular research trials, is widely published on a variety of cardiovascular topics and is a regular speaker at national scientific conferences.1
- 1999 - 2002: Battalion Surgeon, 1st Military Intelligence Battalion, Balkans
- 2005 - 2006: Physician, Joint Special Operations Command, Iraq
- 2006 - 2008: Regimental Surgeon, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, Afghanistan
- 2015 - Present: Co-Director, Multidisciplinary Cardiac Shock Team & Interventional Cardiologist, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute
- 2015 - Present: Co-Director, Interventional Cardiology Research & Interventional Cardiologist, Virginia Heart
- 2018 - Present: Interventional Section Leadership Council, American College of Cardiology, DC
Areas of Speciality
- Interventional Cardiology
- Vascular Disease
- Army Combat Veteran (Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan)
- Top Doctor, Washingtonian
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
- Vascular Medicine
- Endovascular Medicine
Alexander G Truesdell, Jaime A Hernandez-Montfort, Varinder Kaur Randhawa, et al
VideoUSC Discussion: Percutaneous Mechanical Circulatory Support
Rani Upadhyay, Alexander G Truesdell, Babar Basir, et al
Articles by Alexander G Truesdell
Alexander G Truesdell, Rhian E Davies, Moemen Eltelbany, et al
Citation: US Cardiology Review 2023;17:e03.
Alexander G Truesdell,
Citation: US Cardiology Review 2021;15:e24.
Alex F Warren, Carolyn Rosner, Raghav Gattani, et al
Citation: US Cardiology Review 2021;15:e18.
Alexander G Truesdell, Matheen A Khuddus, Sara C Martinez, et al
Citation: US Cardiology Review 2020;14:e05.
Alexander G Truesdell, Behnam Tehrani, Ramesh Singh, et al
Citation: Interventional Cardiology Review 2018;13(2):81–6.