Dr Roxana Mehran (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, US) discusses the landmark trial XIENCE 90/28.
XIENCE 90/28 evaluated the safety of 3-month and 1 month dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT) in subjects at high risk of bleeding (HBR) undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with the approved XIENCE family of coronary drug-eluting stents.
1. What is the background of the study?
2. What was design, patient population and endpoints?
3. Can you define high bleeding risk for the purposes of this study?
4. What were your key results?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. How these findings should impact future research and treatment?
7. Should these results have any impact on guideline-directed recommendations on the duration of DAPT in HBR patients?
Recorded remotely from New York, 2020.
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros