Dr Damien Collison (Golden Jubilee National Hospital, Glasgow, UK) discusses the results of An Evaluation of a Physiology-guided PCI Optimisation Strategy (Target-FFR) Trial.
The prospective study assessed the feasibility of achieving post-PCI FFR ≥0.90 during standard PCI procedures in consecutive patients.
1. Your study highlights substantial variation between final FFR reported from registry data: were you surprised at the level of variation and could you comment on why this might be?
2. What was the rationale for the trial?
3. What was the design, patient population and endpoints?
4. What were your key results?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. What further research is needed?
Recorded remotely from Glasgow, 2020.
Recording editor: Natascha Wienand
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros