Dr Philipp Lurz (Leipzig Heart Center, Leipzig, DE) discusses the results of the MitraClip® and Hemodynamic Effects of Relevant Iatrogenic Atrial Septum Defect Closure (MITHRAS) trial.
The study investigated if the interventional closure of a persistent haemodynamic relevant iASD, 30-days after MitraClip implantation, has favourable effects on clinical outcomes.
1. What was the rationale for the trial?
2. What was the design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What were your key results?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. Do you anticipate these findings will reduce the number of iASD closures carried out within 1 month of a transcatheter mitral valve repair?
6. What further research is needed?
Recorded remotely from Leipzig, 2020.
Recording Editor: Mirjam Boros
Interviewer: Dominic Woodruff