Dr Rodrigo Estévez-Loureiro (University Hospital Alvaro Cunqueiro, Vigo, SP) discusses the outcomes of MitraClip in patients with acute mitral regurgitation in AMI with and without cardiogenic shock.
1. What is the background of the study?
2. How did you define cardiogenic shock?
3. What was the design, patient population and endpoints?
4. What were the key results?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. Do we have any insight into how the event data in the CS cohort might compare to CS patients not undergoing PMVR-based treatment?
7. How should these findings impact treatment and what are the next steps for future research?
Recorded remotely from Vigo, 2020.
Recording Editor: Dom Woodruff
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros