Dr Michael R Gold (Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, US) discusses the primary results of the UNTOUCHED trial. The UNTOUCHED trial assesed the 18-month incidence of inappropriate shocks in subjects implanted with the EMBLEM Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator (S-ICD) for primary prevention of sudden cardiac death.
1. What was the rationale behind the UNTOUCHED trial?
2. What was the design and inclusion criteria of the UNTOUCHED trial?
3. What outcomes were being assessed in the UNTOUCHED trial?
4. What were the results?
5. What further research should be conducted with this technology?
6. What were the shock and safety endpoints?
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Recording Specialist: Natascha Wienand