Dr Gianluigi Savarese (Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, SE) discusses real world data from the Swedish Heart Failure Registry, investigating the eligibility of sacubitril/valsartan in heart failure across the ejection fraction (EF) spectrum.
1. What is the rationale for the study and what makes it unique?
2. What was the design of the study?
3. How does this study address the HF therapeutic deficit in women compared with men?
4. How did you define mid-range EF?
5. What were your findings?
6. What are the clinical implications?
7. What further research is needed?
8. What is the study's take-home message for practising clinicians?
Recorded remotely from Stockholm, 2020.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand