Dr Ken Okumura (Saiseikai Kumamoto Hospital, Kumamoto, JP) discusses the rationale and results behind ELDERCARE-AF, which investigates low dose Edoxaban for elderly Japanese AF patients ineligible for standard anticoagulant therapy.
1. What is the rationale for this study?
2. What were the objectives of this study, and its design?
3. What patients were included in the study?
4. What were the study endpoints? Were they met?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. How should these findings impact clinical practice?
7. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Kumamoto, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Tom Green