Dr Jean-Claude Tardif (Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, CA) discusses the effects of Apolipoprotein C-III (ApoC-III) reduction in cardiovascular (CV) disease. The administration of APOCIII-LRX in patients with hypertriglyceridemia and high CV risk was associated with inhibition of ApoC-III and lower levels of triglycerides.
1. What is the background of this study?
2. What was the study design?
3. What were the inclusion criteria?
4. What were the main findings?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. What are the next steps?
7. What are the 'take-home' messages for clinicians?
Recorded remotely from Montreal, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand