Dr Erik Klok (Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, NL) discusses strategies and challenges for developing treatment pathways for pulmonary embolism.
- How do you approach building a PERT network to establish a path of treatment for patients with pulmonary embolism?
- Why and how best do you involve interventional and non-interventionalists in the decision-making processes to choose the best treatment options?
- Could you tell us about the changes in the guidelines for CDT for IHR PE – what is the trend and direction?
- What are the biggest challenges for referrals in adopting new therapies supporting PE treatment?
- What are the biggest challenges of CDT, and how do you align patients with PE to the right treatment?
Filmed on site at ESC 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology.
Videography: Dave Good & Doug George