Dr Jihad Mustapha (Advanced Cardiac &Vascular Centers, Grand Rapids, US) discusses the SAVAL trial - Next steps in drug-eluting stents for BTK intervention.
Filmed on site by Radcliffe Cardiology.
1. Why was the SAVAL trial needed? (00:10)
2. What was the study design? (00:42)
3. What is novel about this particular stent? (01:24)
4. If this trial is positive, how might this trial change practice when it comes to CLI? (02:30)
5. Why do you think SAVAL will be successful when other CLI trials have failed? (03:25)
6. A recent meta-analysis has raised safety concerns in the use of paclitaxel coated devices in PAD. What is your take on this? (04:27)
Videographer: Tom Green
Educational lead: Liam O'Neill