A Clinical Manifesto on SGLT2 Inhibitors in Patients With Heart Failure
Published: 25 August 2020
20m 59sPart 5 Panel Discussion
1m 13sPart 1 Welcome & Introductions Martin R Cowie
23m 30sPart 2 Health: SGLT2 Inhibitors and Quality of Life Shelley Zieroth, Martin R Cowie
25m 15sPart 3 Protect: SGLT2 Inhibitors in Patients with HF Nikolaus Marx, Martin R Cowie
This educational symposium was part of the eSPACE Heart Failure meeting held 11-14 July 2020.
The session focuses on latest data and practical implication of SGLT2 Inhibitors in Heart Failure patients.
- Encourage conversation around SGLT2 inhibitors as cardiovascular therapies with cardio–renal benefits
- Highlight and discuss profiles of appropriate patients for initiation of an SGLT2 inhibitor, and share with cardiologists the well-established safety profile of and the clinical considerations for treatment with an SGLT2 inhibitor
- Inform cardiologists of the current evidence and ongoing trials for SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with heart failure
Time - Session title and objective - Speaker(s)
- 25 mins - Health: SGLT2 inhibitors and quality of life - Martin Cowie, Shelley Zieroth
- 5 mins - Transition
- 25 mins - Protect: SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with HF - Martin Cowie, Nikolaus Marx
- 5 mins - Transition
- 25 mins - Wealth: An abundance (and more to come) of SGLT2 inhibitor evidence - Stefan Anker, Andrew Coats
- 5 mins - Close
More from this programme
Health: SGLT2 Inhibitors and Quality of Life
Protect: SGLT2 Inhibitors in Patients with HF
Wealth: An Abundance (and More to Come) of SGLT2 Inhibitor Evidence
Professor of Cardiology
Prof Stefan Anker is professor of (Tissue) Homeostasis in Cardiology & Metabolism at Charité Berlin, Germany, since June 2017. Prodigious researcher who has authored more than 1,000 articles. He has also won several prizes, including the 2018 Copernicus Prize of German DFG & Polish FNP. In October 2020, he was awarded a Doctor honoris causa of Medical University Wroclaw, Poland.
Prof Anker has been serving on the board of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC since 2006 and was HFA President from 2012 to 2014. He currently chairs the HFA committee on regulatory affairs. He is founding Editor-in-Chief of the first open-access heart failure journal, ESC Heart Failure. Prof. Anker has served on several ESC Guideline task forces.
Prof Anker is the founding president of the International Society on Sarcopenia, Cachexia and Wasting Disorders (SCWD) and founding Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and…
Andrew JS Coats
Professor of Cardiology and Scientific Director
Prof Coats is Editor-in-Chief of the Cardiac Failure Review journal. He has published over 20 patents, more than 750 full research papers and more than 120,000 career citations and has a personal H-index of 146. Andrew was elected to the Presidential Trio of the Heart Failure Association of the ESC in 2018 and will serve as its president from 2020-2022.
Prof Coats is the Immediate past-President of the Heart Failure Association and past-Professor of Cardiology at the University of Warwick, UK. He has also held posts as Head of Cardiology at Imperial College, London and Associate Medical Director and Director of Cardiology at the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals, London. From 2012 to 2017 he was Director of the Monash-Warwick Alliance, and before that served as Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Dean of Medicine at the University of Sydney.
He is an…