A Clinical Manifesto on SGLT2 Inhibitors in Patients With Heart Failure
Published: 25 August 2020
This educational symposium was part of the eSPACE Heart Failure meeting held 11-14 July 2020.
The session focuses on latest data and practical implication of SGLT2 Inhibitors in Heart Failure patients.
- Encourage conversation around SGLT2 inhibitors as cardiovascular therapies with cardio–renal benefits
- Highlight and discuss profiles of appropriate patients for initiation of an SGLT2 inhibitor, and share with cardiologists the well-established safety profile of and the clinical considerations for treatment with an SGLT2 inhibitor
- Inform cardiologists of the current evidence and ongoing trials for SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with heart failure
Time - Session title and objective - Speaker(s)
- 25 mins - Health: SGLT2 inhibitors and quality of life - Martin Cowie, Shelley Zieroth
- 5 mins - Transition
- 25 mins - Protect: SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with HF - Martin Cowie, Nikolaus Marx
- 5 mins - Transition
- 25 mins - Wealth: An abundance (and more to come) of SGLT2 inhibitor evidence - Stefan Anker, Andrew Coats
- 5 mins - Close
Health: SGLT2 Inhibitors and Quality of Life
Protect: SGLT2 Inhibitors in Patients with HF
Wealth: An Abundance (and More to Come) of SGLT2 Inhibitor Evidence
Martin R Cowie
Prof Martin Cowie is Professor of Cardiology at King's College London, and Honorary Consultant Cardiologist at the Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK. Prof Cowie chairs the Clinical Practice Committee of the British Cardiac Society and sits on the UK Department of Health’s Primary Care and Heart Failure Implementation Board.
Prof Cowie's research interests focus on health technology assessment and delivery of efficient and effective care for patients with heart failure, with a focus on diagnostics, drugs, and devices. He has had a longstanding interest in evaluating remote monitoring and other digital technologies in heart failure.
Prof Cowie’s studies and reviews have been published in a variety of peer-reviewed journals, including The Lancet, European Heart Journal, British Medical Journal, Heart and International Journal of Cardiology. He is a member of the editorial boards of Heart, The British Journal of Diabetes and…