BCIS ACI 2020: Mitral Valve Intervention
Published: 07 February 2020
This video series was recorded at the BCIS ACI 2020 meeting and features an expert panel who discuss the issues surrounding mitral valve intervention including anatomy, imaging, edge-to-edge repair and emerging transcatheter technologies.
- To consider the challenges associated with the mitral valve anatomy
- To review current imaging approaches, best practices and the limitations
- To discuss patient selection for Mitraclip® use
- To assess emerging transcatheter mitral valve implantation (TMVI) approaches and devices
- To discuss the future of mitral valve interventions
- Interventional Cardiologists
More from this programme
Interventional cardiologist / Cardiologist
Dr Buch is a consultant interventional cardiologist at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. Her research interests include coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, and translational cardiac regenerative medicine.
Bushra S Rana
Dr. Bushra S. Rana was appointed as a consultant cardiologist and clinical lead in diagnostic and interventional echocardiography and cardiac testing (non-invasive) at Papworth Hospital in 2009. She is currently the Co-Lead in specialist valve and structural heart disease service.
Dr Sam Dawkins is a Consultant Cardiologist at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. He has expertise in general cardiology, interventional cardiology and is a specialist in valve intervention, including TAVI and MitraClip.