In the third in the series of videos to mark the launch of Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Review, RadcliffeCardiology.com in association with the European Heart Rhythm Association and doctors.net.uk, presents Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Round Table - 3, Approaches to Ablation Part 2: Radioprotection.
In this video, the Round Table discusses radioprotection, and highlights that despite being in an era of non-fluoroscopic, electroanatomic mapping techniques, physicians must still take appropriate measures to reduce radiation dose - for both their patients, and themselves.
Round Table Participants
- Angelo Auricchio, Fondazione Cardiocentro Ticino, Lugano, Switzerland
- Hein Heidbuchel, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
- Gerhard Hindricks, Heart Center Leipzig, Germany
- Josef Kautzner, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
- Pier Lambiase, Heart Hospital, University College London, United Kingdom
- Mark O'Neill, St Thomas’ Hospital and King’s College London, United Kingdom
- Richard Schilling, St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospital, United Kingdom
Also from the series...
Publishing throughout April and May 2013 from the Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Round Table:
- Approaches to Ablation – Part 1: New Technologies in Ablation
- Approaches to Ablation – Part 2: Radioprotection
- Atrial Fibrillation: Rate versus Rhythm
- AF Ablation – Part 1: Could ablation be the first line therapy for paroxysmal AF?
- AF Ablation – Part 2: Follow-up issues with patients with atrial fibrillation
- Risk stratification – Part 1
- Risk stratification – Part 2: RT non-responders
- Closing Remarks and Summaries