In the second in the series of videos to mark the launch of Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Review, RadcliffeCardiology.com in association with the European Heart Rhythm Association and doctors.net.uk, presents Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Round Table - 2, Part 1: New Technology in Ablation.
In this video, the Round Table discusses ablation, and the new tools available to arrhythmologists to achieve better patient outcomes. The future for improving treatment strategies looks bright, but clear results on the beneficial effects of some technological platforms are still lacking.
Round Table Participants
- Angelo Auricchio, Fondazione Cardiocentro Ticino, Lugano, Switzerland
- Hein Heidbuchel, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
- Gerhard Hindricks, Heart Center Leipzig, Germany
- Josef Kautzner, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
- Pier Lambiase, Heart Hospital, University College London, United Kingdom
- Mark O'Neill, St Thomas’ Hospital and King’s College London, United Kingdom
- Richard Schilling, St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospital, United Kingdom
Also from the series...
Publishing throughout April and May 2013 from the Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Round Table:
- Approaches to Ablation – Part 1: New Technologies in Ablation
- Approaches to Ablation – Part 2: Radioprotection
- Atrial Fibrillation: Rate versus Rhythm
- AF Ablation – Part 1: Could ablation be the first line therapy for paroxysmal AF?
- AF Ablation – Part 2: Follow-up issues with patients with atrial fibrillation
- Risk stratification – Part 1
- Risk stratification – Part 2: RT non-responders
- Closing Remarks and Summaries