Dr A Michael Lincoff (Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, US) discusses the results from the STRENGTH trial which assessed potential benefits of Epanova (omega-3 carboxylic acids) with placebo (corn oil), for the reduction of major adverse CV events in patients with mixed dyslipidaemia and at high risk for CVD who were already on optimal statin therapy. Results showed a low likelihood of benefit to patients with mixed dyslipidemia. This video discusses the trial results in full.
1. What is the background of this trial?
2. What was the design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What were the key results?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. How should these findings influence future research?
Recorded remotely from Cleveland, 2020
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Tom Green