ACC.23/WCC — In this short interview from the ACC's 2023 Scientific Sessions, Dr Barry Borlaug (Mayo Clinic, US) joins us virtually to discuss a trial which aims to evaluate the mechanism of benefit for dapagliflozin in patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (Mayo Clinic). The study was conducted over 6 months with 43 patients enrolled in the trial.
The main findings suggest that pulmonary capillary wedge pressure at rest and during exercise was significantly reduced in patients who were treated with dapagliflozin as compared to placebo.
- What was the reasoning behind this trial?
- What was the patient population and study design?
- What are your main findings?
- How does this trial contribute to our understanding of the potential benefits of dapagliflozin in patients with HFpEF?
- What are the implications of these findings for clinical practice, and how might they inform future research?
- Why should people be interested in this data?
For more content from ACC.23/WCC and the Late-breaker Discussion series head to Late-Breaking Science Video Collection.
Recorded remotely from Minnesota, 2023.
Interviewer: Jordan Rance
Videographer: Dan Brent