Dr Hyo-Soo Kim (Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, KR) shares the findings of the HOST-EXAM trial, which is the first randomised trial to compare clopidogrel and aspirin monotherapy, in patients who received percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with a drug-eluting stent.
1. What does this study aim to address?
2. What was the study design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What are your key findings?
4. What conclusions can be made and what are the implications for practice?
5. How do you explain the numerically higher incidence of cancer in the clopidogrel group?
6. Do you think that these findings are reproducible in European or North American patients?
7. How should these results impact the treatment of patients on dual antiplatelet therapy?
8. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Seoul, 2021.
Interviewer: Jordan Rance
Editor: Mirjam Boros