Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Reviews in Bahrain 2017
This course will provide an overview of many aspects of cardiovascular medicine. Faculty will give in-depth, engaging lectures on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine with interactive audience response system and questions and answers with expert Mayo Clinic faculty. The program format will cover topics in general cardiology, coronary artery disease, cardiovascular risk factors, arrhythmias, valvular heart disease, heart failure, congenital heart disease, vascular disease, and rhythm disorders. This comprehensive program will be a valuable educational opportunity to review highlights for clinical evaluation and management of patients encountered in daily practice.
Cardiovascular Imaging Symposium | NEW 2017
Expert faculty will use case studies, lectures, and interactive sessions to cover aspects of cardiovascular ultrasound and other imaging modalities for clinical practice. Additional fee for this program.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Drugs, Ablation, Stroke Prevention, New Drugs, and Closure Devices
- ECG Pearls for Clinical Practice
- Heart Failure Update: Drugs, Devices, and Remote Monitoring
- Myocardial Disease
- Ventricular Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death
- Coronary Artery Disease – Risk Factor Management and Treatment of MI
- Cardiovascular Imaging Symposium – Echo / CT / MRI
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate and manage patients with valvular heart disease
- Describe the diagnosis and treatment of patients with acute coronary syndromes and chronic CAD
- Describe the pre-operative assessment of patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery and value of stress testing
- Develop a comprehensive approach to the clinical evaluation of patients with systolic and/or diastolic heart failure
- Interpret common ECG tracings and cardiac arrhythmias
- Describe treatment options for rhythm control in atrial fibrillation
- Evaluate supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias
- Describe the diagnosis and management of simple and complex adult congenital heart diseases
- Differentiate treatment of vascular diseases: venous and arterial
This program will provide cardiologists, internists, fellows-in-training, and cardiovascular care associates with an overview of all aspects of cardiovascular medicine.