Prof Badimon is currently Director of the Cardiovascular Science Program at the Hospital Santa Creu and San Pau in Barcelona, Spain. She is Vice-President of Scientific Affairs at the European Society of Cardiology, and has been awarded with the “Rey Jamie I” Award for Medical Research by Generalitat Valenciana, Spain.
Prof Lina Badimon's research focuses on thrombosis and haemostasis, atherosclerosis, and ischaemic heart disease. She has published more than 500 articles in highly qualified scientific journals with her work highly quoted in the scientific literature and she is an editorial board member for various international scientific journals, including European Cardiology Review.
- Director of the Cardiovascular Science Program, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, 2003 – Present
- Lecturer in Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Boston (1991‐1994); Consultant at the Cardiac Unit, at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 1991‐1994
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, 1983‐1987 and Associate Professor of Medicine, 1988‐1991 at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY
- Director of the Cardiology Basic Research Laboratory of the Division of Cardiology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 1983‐1991
- Fellow in Cardiovascular Diseases at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA 1981‐1983