Dr Boback Ziaeian is a Cardiologist in Los Angeles, CA.
Dr Ziaeian was awarded a B.A. from UC Berkeley in 2002, following which he obtained his M.D. from the UC Irvine School of Medicine in 2008. He did his Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship at the David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA (2012 - 2016) and his Internal Medicine Residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital (2008 - 2011).1
In 2016, Dr Ziaeian earned his PhD in the field of Health Policy and Management from the UCLA Jonathan and Karin Fielding School of Public Health. His research focuses on disparities and high utilization of hospital services for heart failure patients.1, 2
Dr Ziaeian is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the UCLA Division of Cardiology.
He also works with the Cardiology Oncology Innovation Network (COIN) and the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System.3
- 2016 - Present: Assistant Professor, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA Health
- 2016 - Present: Staff Physician, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
Areas of Speciality
- Cardiovascular Outcomes Research
- Disparities in Cardiovascular Care
- Quality of Heart Failure Management
- 2020: Faculty Mentor of the Year, UCLA Internal Medicine Residency Program
- 2017: American College of Cardiology Presidential Career Development Award
- 2016: Dean’s Outstanding Student Award, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- 2016: UCLA Cardiology Graduating Fellow of the Year, UCLA Division of Cardiology