Prof Pier Lambiase (UCL & Barts Heart Centre, London, UK) discusses the long-term efficacy and final outcomes of the subcutaneous implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (S-ICD) registry. The registry was conducted at 50 centres worldwide, in patients requiring an ICD for the treatment of ventricular tachyarrhythmias.
1. What are the benefits of S-ICDs compared to ICDs?
2. What is the S-ICD registry?
3. What are the key findings?
4. Which patient groups would benefit most from the subcutaneous ICD technology?
5. Can you tell us more about the longevity of this system?
6. What conclusions can be made and what are the implications on practice?
7. What is on the horizon for the S-ICD technology?
Recorded remotely from London, 2021.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros