Prof Carol Pollock (University of Sydney, Sydney, AU) discuss Evaluation of the effects of canagliflozin on renal and cardiovascular outcomes in participants with diabetic nephropathy.
1. What was the rationale for the trial?
2. What was the study design and the inclusion criteria?
3. Could you summarise the CV and renal outcomes of the study?
4. What was the biggest challenge for the CREDENCE trial?
5. How does it compare to data seen in other SGLT2 outcome studies?
6. What impact this could have on clinical practice?
7. How will this data influence further research in the field?
Filmed on site at EASD 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology