Transcatheter Interventions Online 2022 - On Demand
Published: 09 March 2022
Part 2 | Session 1 Session 2.1: Strategies for Calcified Coronary Lesions Anno 2022
Part 2 | Session 2 Session 2.2: Live Cases and Discussion
Part 2 | Session 4 Session 2.3: Practical Pearls Towards a More Advanced CTO Programme
Part 2 | Session 5 Session 2.4: Live Cases and Discussion
Part 2 | Session 7 BREAKOUT: Coronary Physiology in STEMI patients today: Why? When? How?
Part 1 | Session 1 Session 1.1: Next Level Structural Heart Interventions Nicolas M Van Mieghem, Kendra J Grubb, Lars Søndergaard, Azeem Latib, David Hildick-Smith
Part 1 | Session 2 Session 1.2: Live Cases and Discussion Lars Søndergaard, Ole De Backer, Holger Thiele, Nicolas M Van Mieghem, Azeem Latib, Kendra J Grubb, David Hildick-Smith, Mohamed Abdel-Wahab
Part 1 | Session 3 Symposium: Optimising Outcomes for the TAVI Patient: Key Considerations for First Valve Choice and Implantation Techniques Didier Tchétché, Lars Søndergaard, Ran Kornowski, Douglas G Fraser
Part 1 | Session 4 Session 1.3: Practical Perspectives in the Context of TAVI Kendra J Grubb, Didier Tchétché, Roxana Mehran, David Hildick-Smith, Lars Søndergaard
Following on from the success of 2021's inaugural edition, Transcatheter Interventions Online 2022 brings together a world-class faculty to provide expert insight and educational learning on the latest developments in interventional management.
Combining expert opinion and discussion, presentations, and live cases from centres on both sides of the Atlantic, TIO 2022 delivers best-in-class learning, supporting the latest in diagnosis, treatment strategies and patient management.
Note, the live version of this session was CME accredited; this on-demand version is not.
Key Learning Objectives
- Describe the practical implications of TAVI in the context of coronary artery disease, atrioventricular valve disease and transcatheter heart valve degeneration
- Select appropriate tools for calcified coronary artery disease, including mechanical circulatory support and invasive imaging techniques
- Understand coronary physiology, novel recanalization and goal-oriented planning for chronic total occlusion
- Evaluate the role of novel oral anticoagulants in transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Discuss the need for gender-specific trials and renal denervation
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Surgeons with an interest in transcatheter treatment strategies for coronary and structural heart disease
- Interventional Cardiology Nurses
More from this programme
Day One: Structural Heart Disease
Day Two: Coronary Heart Disease: High Risk & Complex PCI
Day Three: Debates and Controversies
Ole De Backer
Prof Ole De Backer is an internationally renowned interventional cardiologist working at Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark and is an expert in structural heart interventions – among others transcatheter heart valve interventions, percutaneous left atrial appendage closure and thoracic endovascular aortic repair. Special areas of interest are the development and adoption of a fully percutaneous, minimal invasive approach for different structural heart interventions and the use of advanced cardiac imaging tools for planning and guidance of these interventions. He is actively involved and leading several research projects in the field of transcatheter heart valves and percutaneous left atrial appendage closure.
Centro Medico Teknon, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Spain