TCT 2021: Late-breaking Science Video Collection
Published: 09 November 2021
OPTIMUM Registry: PCI in Patients at Prohibitive Risk for CABG
- FAME3: PCI Guided by FFR Didn't Meet Noninferiority for 1Y Outcomes Compared to CABG
- iFR-SWEDEHEART: No Difference in Outcome at 5-yrs of iFR vs FFR
- SUGAR: Amphilimus-eluting Stents VS Zotarolimus-eluting Stents in Patients With DB
- CHOICE-CLOSURE: Plug-based Vs Suture-based Large-bore Vascular Closure
- TRISCEND II: 6Mo Outcomes Show TR Reduction in Majority of Patients
- SCB Shows Similar Angiographic Outcomes to Paclitaxel DCB
- Intrepid TMVR: Results Show Improved NYHA Class at 30 Days
- 12Mo Results Comparing PCB With SCB Show No Difference in Clinical Incidences
- RADIANCE-HTN Trio: 6Mo Outcomes of RDN Vs a Sham Procedure for Resistant Hypertension
- BIO-RESORT: 5Y Outcomes
- OPTIMUM Registry: PCI in Patients at Prohibitive Risk for CABG
Our regular review series View from the Thoraxcenter hosted by Prof Nicolas Van Mieghem and Dr Joost Daemen (Thoraxcentre, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, NL) provide a concise and insightful preview of the late-breaking science presented at TCT 2021.
Short, accessible Expert Interviews will be available conducted with select faculty focusing on the results, applicability, and impact on future research.
More from this programme
View from the Thoraxcenter: Preview of the Late-Breaking Trials
Director of Interventional Cardiology and Chief Scientific Officer
Dr David Kandzari obtained his undergraduate degree from Duke University School of Medicine then completed his internship and residency at The John Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. Following his residency, he completed his general and interventional cardiology fellowship at Duke University where he joined the faculty as the John B. Simpson Assistant Professor of Interventional Cardiology and Genomic Sciences.
Dr Kandzari has held national and international leadership roles in clinical trials in cardiovascular disease and has participated in national and international program committees in cardiology. He has authored and coauthored more than 150 studies, book chapters and scientific reviews. Dr Kandzari is board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular diseases and is certified by the Board of Interventional Cardiology. He specializes in interventional cardiology, peripheral arterial disease and cardiovascular medicine. His clinical…