Rhythm Interventions Online 2020 - On Demand
Published: 14 December 2020
Programme Session 4: Live Case & Discussion - Ablation of AF as a day case
- Welcome & Programme Session 1: Presentations & Discussions
- Programme Session 2: Live Case & Discussion - Minimising X-rays during AF ablation: Almost fluro-free cryo-ablation
- Breakout Session: Setting a standard of care for AF treatment. Supported by Medtronic
- Breakout Session: Accelerated road to efficiency in AF. Supported by Biosense Webster
- Breakout Session: Personalized therapy solutions for the treatment of atrial fibrillation – POLARxTM Design intent and first clinical experience. Supported by Boston Scientific
- Programme Session 3: Live Case & Discussion - High power RF ablation
- Programme Session 4: Live Case & Discussion - Ablation of AF as a day case
- Programme Session 5: Presentations, Discussions & Closing Remarks
Rhythm Interventions Online (RIO) is a new innovative virtual event that brought together a leading international faculty to create a rich, interactive experience to best inform the global electrophysiology community of the latest developments and advances in clinical practice.
Led by Course Director, Prof Richard Schilling, Barts Heart Centre, London, and delivered through a crafted programme of discussion, opinion, and live cases from leading international centres, RIO's programme comprised twelve hours of best-in-class learning over three days, in addition to symposia and breakout sessions.
Note, the live version of this session was CME accredited; this on-demand version is not.
More from this programme
Day One: AF Ablation made simple
Day Two: Complex Arrhythmias Made Simple
Day Three: Devices
Prof Isabel Deisenhofer is an electrophysiologist at the German Heart Center Munich, Germany. Prof Deisenhofer's specialities include arrythmias, atrial fibrillation, ventricular arrythmias and sudden cardiac death.
Director of Cardiac Electrophysiology
KR Julian Chun
Dr Chun heads the electrophysiology section at CardioVascular Center Bethanien, Markus Krankenhaus in Frankfurt, Germany. He trained at the University of Lübeck and St Georg Hospital, Hamburg, Germany. He is a member of the Nucleus and Treasurer of the Arrhythmia Working Group at the German Cardiac Society. He is a faculty member at the University of Lübeck.
Dr Chun is a member of the Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Review editorial board.
Dr. Metzner has been a Senior physician (Oberarzt) at the cardiac electrophysiology department at the Asklepios Klinik St. Georg in Hamburg, Germany, since 2013. He and his colleagues, under the leadership of Prof. Karl-Heinz Kuck, perform more than 2,000 cardiac ablations per year and are continuously engaged in the development and evaluation of innovative treatment options for cardiac arrhythmias.
Dr. Metzner is committed to teaching and is a European lecturer and an international expert in atrial fibrillation ablation. He is an established researcher and author, and has published and co-authored over 100 scientific papers. Dr. Metzner is a member of the German Cardiac Society and the European Heart Rhythm Association.
Head EP Department
Dr Pürerfellner is Head EP department at Ordensklinikum Linz Elisabethinen.
He is the current International Affairs Coordinator and former Treasurer of EHRA.