Rhythm Interventions Online 2020 - On Demand
Published: 14 December 2020
Programme Session 3: Live Case & Discussion - High power RF ablation
- Welcome & Programme Session 1: Presentations & Discussions
- Programme Session 2: Live Case & Discussion - Minimising X-rays during AF ablation: Almost fluro-free cryo-ablation
- Breakout Session: Setting a standard of care for AF treatment. Supported by Medtronic
- Breakout Session: Accelerated road to efficiency in AF. Supported by Biosense Webster
- Breakout Session: Personalized therapy solutions for the treatment of atrial fibrillation – POLARxTM Design intent and first clinical experience. Supported by Boston Scientific
- Programme Session 3: Live Case & Discussion - High power RF ablation
- Programme Session 4: Live Case & Discussion - Ablation of AF as a day case
- Programme Session 5: Presentations, Discussions & Closing Remarks
Rhythm Interventions Online (RIO) is a new innovative virtual event that brought together a leading international faculty to create a rich, interactive experience to best inform the global electrophysiology community of the latest developments and advances in clinical practice.
Led by Course Director, Prof Richard Schilling, Barts Heart Centre, London, and delivered through a crafted programme of discussion, opinion, and live cases from leading international centres, RIO's programme comprised twelve hours of best-in-class learning over three days, in addition to symposia and breakout sessions.
Note, the live version of this session was CME accredited; this on-demand version is not.
More from this programme
Day One: AF Ablation made simple
Day Two: Complex Arrhythmias Made Simple
Day Three: Devices
KR Julian Chun
Dr Chun heads the electrophysiology section at CardioVascular Center Bethanien, Markus Krankenhaus in Frankfurt, Germany. He trained at the University of Lübeck and St Georg Hospital, Hamburg, Germany. He is a member of the Nucleus and Treasurer of the Arrhythmia Working Group at the German Cardiac Society. He is a faculty member at the University of Lübeck.
Dr Chun is a member of the Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Review editorial board.
Head EP Department
Dr Pürerfellner is Head EP department at Ordensklinikum Linz Elisabethinen.
He is the current International Affairs Coordinator and former Treasurer of EHRA.
Dr Afzal Sohaib is a Consultant Cardiologist at the Bart's Heart Centre in London and Barking, Havering, and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust. Having completed his medical training at University College London, Dr Sohaib undertook training as a Cardiology registrar at centres in North West London including Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals NHS Trust. His main research interest lies in cardiac electrophysiology and devices, having also completed a PhD studying how biventricular pacemakers deliver benefits in heart failure.
Dr Sohaib has an interest in improving teaching and training in cardiology and has served on the Specialty Advisory Committee for Cardiovascular Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians which designs and oversees the delivery of cardiology training in the UK. Dr Afzal Sohaib is currently on the ESC Cardiologists' of Tomorrow…