Heart Failure Online 2022 On-demand
Published: 09 May 2022
Symposium - Making Gains in HFpEF: An Appraisal of Where We Are Now
Heart Failure Online (HFO) is a new innovative virtual event, that brings together a leading international faculty to create a rich, interactive experience to best inform the global heart failure community of the latest developments and advances in clinical practice.
With patient management and outcomes at its core, Course Director Prof Andrew Coats (President of the Heart Failure Association and Professor of Cardiology, University of Warwick, UK) leads an interactive programme of discussion, opinion and case studies focusing on the patient journey.
Note, the live version of this session was CME accredited; this on-demand version is not.
Key Learning Objectives
Following the activities, participants will be able to:
- Select foundational and advanced management strategies in complex patients
- Discuss the validity of using ejection fraction to determine optimal treatment strategies
- Assess the likely impact of health technology on future practice
- Identify the underlying causes of heart failure
- Select appropriate interventional and device-based treatments for treating underlying causes of heart failure
- Assess the impact of the multidisciplinary team on heart failure outcomes
- Discuss the importance of using quality of life and patient self-assessed measures relative to hard clinical end points
- Heart Failure Specialists
- General Cardiologists
- General Practitioners (GPs)
- Nurses, Pharmacists, and other Allied Healthcare Professionals
More from this programme
Day One: Individualising Treatment
Day Two: Complex Phenotypes and Advanced Treatment
Day Three: Beyond Foundational Management
University of Manitoba, Canada
Dr Shelley Zieroth is at SBH Heart Failure and Transplant Clinics and serves as Head of the Medical Heart Failure Program, WRHA Cardiac Sciences Program, and as Associate Professor of the Section of Cardiology at the University of Manitoba, Canada.
Dr Zieroth attended medical school at the University of Manitoba, where she went on to train in internal medicine and cardiology. She completed her postdoctoral clinical fellowship, specializing in advanced heart failure and cardiac transplant, at Toronto General Hospital. Dr Zieroth has lectured internationally on the subject of heart failure.
Dr Shelley Zieroth is an Editorial Board member of Cardiac Failure Review.
Professor of Medicine
Dr Javed Butler is President, Baylor Scott and White Research Institute, Dallas, TX and Professor of Medicine, University of Mississippi, Jackson, MS, US. He is board certified in cardiovascular medicine and advanced heart failure and transplant medicine. His research interests focus on clinical trials in patients with heart failure. He has authored more than 900 peer-reviewed publications.
Professor and Senior Consultant
Prof Carolyn Lam is a Senior Consultant at the Department of Cardiology and Director of Women's Heart Health at the National Heart Centre Singapore, having pioneered the first Women’s Heart Clinic in Singapore. Prof Lam is a world-renowned specialist in heart failure (particularly heart failure with preserved ejection fraction [HFpEF]). Her work in the PARAGON-HF and EMPEROR-Preserved trials led to the first FDA-approved treatment for HFpEF and the first robustly positive clinical outcomes trial in HFpEF to-date.