Newly released CT technology will be showcased at SCCT2021
Arlington, VA (July 12, 2021) — Device manufacturers will be displaying their latest technologies at the 2021 Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT) Annual Scientific Meeting (SCCT2021) being held virtually July 16 – 17. The industry’s top computed tomography (CT) companies — Canon Medical, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare and Siemens Healthineers — have chosen SCCT2021 as a key platform to inform and connect with physicians about their products and services
“Siemens Healthineers is proud to partner with the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography in support of its mission: to develop cardiac computed tomography through education, training, quality assurance and research,” said Matthew Dedman, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Computed Tomography, Siemens Healthineers – North America.
At this year's SCCT annual meeting, Canon Medical will be showcasing meaningful applications of artificial intelligence (AI) for cardiovascular imaging, which the company says will change the way clinicians read cardiac CT:
- World's first ONE-beat spectral cardiac CTA, enabled by deep learning spectral.
- Sharp, clear and distinct images, enabled by deep learning reconstruction.
To learn more, tune into the Canon sponsored symposium “Why atherosclerosis is all that really matters” with talks by James K. Min, MD, MSCCT & Jeroen Bax, MD, PhD or view their SCCT2021 offerings at https://us.medical.canon/news/events/scct/.
GE Healthcare will be sponsoring the symposium “Cardiac CT: Is it now an essential test for your heart team discussions?” with Patrick M. Donnelly, MBBCh BAO, MD, MRCP, FSCCT, as well as displaying:
- CardioGraphe and Revolution Apex : Whole-heart, one-beat cardiac CT scanners for motion-free images at any heart rate https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=UYRZj54cwyx
- TrueFidelity : AI-based image chain for uncompromised cardiovascular CT image quality even at low dose https://landing1.gehealthcare.com/USC-WB-19-12-MCT-CTO-TrueFidelity_LP.html
- TAVI Analysis : Automated segmentation and pre-procedure planning software for transcatheter aortic valve implantation https://www.gehealthcare.com/products/advanced-visualization/all-applications/tavi-analysis
At SCCT2021, Philips Healthcare will promote their newly released Spectral CT 7500 system, IQon Spectral CT and Incisive CT. Philips will be providing attendees with a symposium entitled “Next generation spectral CT for cardiovascular applications” presented by Tim Leiner, MD, PhD, FSCCT.
Siemens Healthineers will explore the untapped potential of cardiac imaging with Siemens Healthineers’ Dual Source CT, provide multi-modality imaging decision support with AI Rad Companion – Chest CT and teach about the prospects of photon counting at their symposium “Counting Detector Cardiac CT: Introduction and Outlook” with Thomas Allmendinger, PhD, FSCCT.
Recording of all sponsored symposia will be available online following the meeting at https://scct.org/page/Industrysponsorededucation.
SCCT strives to make its Annual Scientific Meeting the primary interactive forum of the cardiac CT community. Philippe Karam, Global Product Marketing Manager at GE Healthcare, states: “The CT technologies that GE Healthcare pioneered contributed to the development of cardiovascular imaging. However technologies and engineering alone are nothing. SCCT, by advocating for research, education and clinical excellence, is key to sharing knowledge, increasing the number of trained healthcare professionals, helping shift standards of care and guidelines and improving reimbursement. Only our joint efforts can improve health outcomes for patients through the effective use of cardiovascular CT.”
For more information about the products and services being presented, contact the following representatives from each company:
- Philippe Karam, Global Product Marketing Manager at GE Healthcare | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy O’Reilly, Press Officer at Philips Healthcare | email@example.com
- Jeff Bell, Senior Manager, Media Relations, Siemens Healthineers | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dhruv Mehta, Leader Strategic Development, Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc. | email@example.com
SCCT provides a platform for cardiovascular imagers to connect with the technologies that they need to improve patient care. SCCT does not endorse any product or company and does not include industry in the planning of educational content. Sponsored symposia are not a part of the CCT program content as designed by the SCCT Annual Scientific Program Committee and are not approved for CME credit.
About the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
Founded in 2005, the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT) is the international professional society devoted to improving health outcomes through effective use of cardiovascular computed tomography (CCT), with members from over 85 countries. SCCT is a community of physicians, scientists and technologists advocating for access, research, education and clinical excellence in the use of CCT. For more information, please visit www.SCCT.org.