FAHA FESC MD PhD
Danderyd University Hospital, Danderyd, SE
Dr Thomas Kahan is Senior consultant in cardiolgy at the Department of cardiology, Danderyd University Hospital
Dr Kahan is on the Editorial Board of European Cardiology Review.
- Neurohormonal control of blood pressure and cardiac function in man. Specifically, we study how the sympatho-adrenal mechanisms and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system influence structure and function in the heart, vessels, and endothelial function in hypertension and in heart failure.
- The interactions between heart and kidney in the development of atherosclerotic disease (the cardiorenal syndrome).
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and prevention.
- Gender aspects on cardiovascular disease.
- Implication of guidelines, drug prescription patterns and treatment persistence, and health economic aspects on cardiovascular disease.