Dr Thomas Kahan is Senior consultant in cardiolgy at the Department of cardiology, Danderyd University Hospital
- Neurohormonal control of blood pressure and cardiac function in man. Specifically, we study how the sympatho-adrenal mechanisms and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system influence structure and function in the heart, vessels, and endothelial function in hypertension and in heart failure.
- The interactions between heart and kidney in the development of atherosclerotic disease (the cardiorenal syndrome).
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and prevention.
- Gender aspects on cardiovascular disease.
- Implication of guidelines, drug prescription patterns and treatment persistence, and health economic aspects on cardiovascular disease.