Dr Robert Gooley is a General, Interventional and Structural Cardiologist.
He is married and enjoys traveling with his family. He is an avid runner and Hawks supporter.3, 4
In 2004, Dr Gooley got his MBBS from Monash University with first class honours and completed his physician training at Monash Health. He also completed his advanced training in cardiology, interventional fellowship, structural heart disease fellowship and PhD at Monash Health.1
His PhD is in multi-modality imaging and he now specialises in the treatment of coronary artery disease and transcatheter management of valvular heart disease. 2 In 2018, he earned his MBA from IE Business School.
Dr Gooley is the Head of Interventional Services and Consults at MonashHeart Clayton. He is the Lead Cardiologist of the MonashHeart structural heart disease program which offers a non-invasive alternative treatment for patients with structural heart disease at high surgical risk. He also treats patients at St John of God Berwick Hospital.1, 2
He is the principal investigator in a number of investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored clinical trials, examining novel techniques for the management of coronary artery and structural heart disease. He has been published extensively in peer-reviewed journals and speaks regularly at international conferences.
- 2015 - 2017: Interventional & Structural Cardiologist, MonashHeart
- 2016 - Present: Consultant Cardiologist & Lead Cardiologist, Structural Heart Disease Program, MonashHeart
- 2017 - Present: Head, Interventional Services and Consults at MonashHeart
- 2019 - Present: Associate Professor, Medicine Monash Health
Areas of Speciality
- Interventional Cardiology
- Coronary Artery Cardiology
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Non-coronary Artery Interventions
- Recipient of an Australian Postgraduate Award
- Recipient of Faculty Postgraduate Excellence Award
- Recipient of a National Health and Medical Research Council scholarship