Liverpool University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK
Dr Prathap Kanagala is a Consultant Cardiologist Consultant Cardiologist at Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Honorary Associate Professor at the University of Liverpool. He specialises in Heart Failure & Cardiac Imaging.
He qualified from the Royal Free Hospital and University College London in 2003 and undertook subsequent sub-speciality Cardiology training in Device therapy, Cardiac Imaging and Heart Failure at the East Midlands deanery. His Research work, investigating Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction was funded by the National Institute for Health Research and resulted in a multi-award-winning PhD and several publications. He is currently a Principal Investigator involved in 10, multi-centre Cardiovascular clinical Trials, including BHF and NIHR funded studies, as well as being a member of the UK HFpEF Registry. His research interests are focused on Heart Failure, Cardiac Imaging and Biomarker discovery. To date, he has authored (and co-authored) 10 National Guideline Publications related to Echocardiography and has over a decade of experience serving on several National Committees (British Society of Echocardiography).
Dr Kanagala is a member of the CFR Editorial Board.
- Employee of the Year Award Finalist – anonymously nominated by staff, Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Trust, 2021
- Honorary Associate Professor – University of Liverpool, 2021
- Fellowship of the Heart Failure Association – European Society of Cardiology, 2021
- Fellowship of the European Society of Cardiology – European Society of Cardiology, 2019
Heart Failure Service Leadership related
- Hospital Team of the Year Award – Ambulatory Heart Failure Service (Clinical Lead), Aintree University Hospital, 2019
- Divisional Award – Ambulatory Heart Failure Service (Clinical Lead), Aintree University Hospital, 2019
- ‘Beacon Site’ status awarded by the National Patient Charity Group ‘Pumping Marvellous’ for the quality of care of Heart Failure patients – Ambulatory Heart Failure Service (Joint Clinical Lead), Aintree University Hospital, 2018
Heart Failure Research related
- The PhD Prize – University of Leicester, 2019
- Early Career Award Finalist (Clinical) – Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 2018
- Young Investigator Award Runner-up – British Society for Heart Failure, 2015