Dr Lilia M. Sierra-Galan is based in Mexico City, Mexico, where she works as the head of cardiology at the Santa Fe Campus of the American British Cowdray Medical Center.
Dr Lilia M. Sierra-Galan, MD earned her MD in Mexico and her cardiovascular imaging fellowship at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Washington DC and InCor in Sao Paulo, Brazil. She earned her Master’s degree in CV diseases in Murcia, Spain.
Dr Sierra-Galan, MD, is a clinical cardiologist working at the American British Cowdray Medical Center. She is an active member of SCMR, SCCT, AHA and ACC and has participated as an annual scientific sessions’ faculty member for many of these groups. She has broad experience chairing national chapters and scientific committees of national and international cardiology societies. She has been an active member of SCMR since 2000 and in 2013 formed the successful SCMR Translations Committee and led an international team of writers and reviewers. She served as Non-US Cardiologist Board of Trustee of the SCMR from 2017 to 2020; and as Chair of the SCMR Translations Committee until 2019.
Dr Lilia Sierra-Galan is on the Editorial Board of European Cardiology Review.
- Medical degree, Mexico
- Cardiovascular Imaging (CVI) Fellowship, Cardiovascular Imaging (CVI) Fellowship, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute at the National Institute of Health
- Cardiovascular Imaging (CVI) Fellowship, Cardiovascular Imaging (CVI) Fellowship, InCor
- Master’s degree, Cardiovascular Disease, Murcia, Spain
- 2010 - Present: Chief of Cardiology, ABC Medical Center
- 2010 - Present: Head of Cardiology, Santa Fe Campus, American British Cowdray Medical Center
CBCCT (Certificacion Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography)
Areas of Speciality
- CMR research