Lead Consultant in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Congenital Cardiology
University Medical Center of Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel, DE
Dr Inga Voges is based in Kiel, Germany where she works as the lead consultant in cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and congenital cardiology at the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein.
After graduating from the Medical University Lübeck in Germany in 2002, Dr Voges started her training in general paediatrics at the Rostock University Medical Center. In 2006, she moved to the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein in Kiel where she finished her training in general paediatrics and did additional training in paediatric cardiology and adult congenital heart disease. She also specialised in cardiovascular MRI.
Dr Inga Voges is currently lead consultant in cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and congenital cardiology at the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein (Kiel, Germany). She is the lead for the cardiovascular MRI program in paediatric cardiology and adult congenital heart disease. From February 2015 until June 2016, she worked as a lead consultant in paediatric cardiology and cardiovascular MRI at the University Hospital Giessen in Germany. After this, she moved to London where she worked as a consultant paediatric cardiologist in the department of paediatrics and the cardiovascular MRI Unit at the Royal Brompton Hospital, where she was responsible for the paediatric cardiovascular MRI program.1
Dr Voges has 12 years’ experience in paediatric and adult congenital cardiovascular MRI at both 1.5 and 3 Tesla. Since 2007, she has been a member of the SCMR. Her major research focus is the evaluation of anatomy and bioelasticity of arterial and venous vessels in congenital heart disease using cardiovascular MRI. Since 2016, Dr. Voges has been the secretary of the cardiac imaging working group of the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology and Congenital Cardiology. She is also a member of the SCMR Paediatric / Congenital Steering Group and the chair of the Cardiovascular Imaging Working Group of the German Society of Paediatric Cardiology.
Dr Inga Voges is on the Editorial Board of European Cardiology Review.
- 2002: Medical University of Lübeck
- 2002 - 2006: Training in Paediatrics and Paediatric Cardiology, University Hospital Rostock
- 2006 - 2015: Specialist in Paediatrics, Paediatric Cardiology and Adult Congenital Heart Disease, University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein
- 2013 - 2014: Locum Consultant in Paediatric Cardiology, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- 2015 - 2016: Senior Consultant, University Hospital Gießen and Marburg GmbH, Paediatric Heart Center
- 2016 - 2018: Consultant in CMR & Paediatric Cardiology, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- 2017 - Present: Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London
- 2018 - Present: Lead Consultant in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Congenital Cardiology, University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein
Areas of Speciality
- Paediatric congenital cardiovascular MRI
- Adult congenital cardiovascular MRI