Crochan J O’Sullivan
Department of Cardiology, Triemli Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Dr Cróchán graduated from NUI Galway in 2004 and underwent basic medical training in the Mater Hospital in Dublin and Mayo Clinic, Rochester. He then underwent cardiology specialist training in the Mater Hospital and St Vincent’s Hospital, Dublin.
In 2011, he was awarded the Dr Richard Steevens’ Scholarship by the HSE to undertake sub-speciality training in interventional cardiology and transcatheter aortic valve implantation at Bern University Hospital, Switzerland.
He is a member of the editorial board of Interventional Cardiology Review and an associate editor of Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine.
Grants and awards:
- 2012 European Association for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (EAPCI) clinical research grant.
- 2011 Dr. Richard Steevens Travelling Scholarship from the Department of Health, Ireland.
- 2004 Gold medal in medicine.
- 2003 Society for Gynecologic Investigation and Wyeth Ayerst Pharmaceutical Presidents Presenter Award for the best scientific abstract.
- 2000 Pharmacia and Upjohn Gold Medal in Pharmacology Award.