Dr Catherine Ruth Weinberg is the Director of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Cardiology and High Risk Cardiovascular Obstetrics Cardiology in the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital. She specializes in Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine.
She is based in the New York area.
Dr Weinberg earned her Bachelor’s in Chemistry from Lawrence University, Wisconsin, in 1996. In 2004, Dr Weinberg obtained her Medical Degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, where she was a member of Iota Epsilon Alpha Honor Society.1
Dr Weinberg completed her Internal Medicine residency and Cardiology fellowship at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City. She also completed an advanced fellowship at the Wisconsin Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program at the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.1
Dr Weinberg is the Director of the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program and High Risk Cardiovascular Obstetrics at Lenox Hill Hospital. She also serves as Assistant Professor at the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra. She is a board-certified cardiologist, with advanced training in adult congenital heart disease.1
After her fellowship, Dr Weinberg served as Assistant Professor, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Hypertension at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ.1
She joined the Concorde Medical Group in 2012. In addition to seeing general cardiology patients at Concorde, Dr Weinberg helped build and grow the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program at NYU Langone Health. She joined Lenox Hill Northwell Health in 2020 to grow their Adult Congenital Heart Disease and High Risk Cardiovascular Obstetrics Programs programs.2
Dr Weinberg collaborates closely with obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, pediatric cardiology and surgical colleagues to provide the highest quality care to her patients. She also treats general cardiology patients.2
She currently also teaches medical students, residents and fellows. Dr Weinberg has co-authored journal articles and textbook chapters on protein purification, advancements in echocardiography, women with coronary artery disease, pregnancy and heart disease and adult congenital heart disease.1
- Cardiologist, Concorde Medical Group, PLLC.
- 2012 - 2018 Clinical Instructor, NYU Langone Health
- 2018 - 2019 Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, NYU Langone Health
- 2020 - Present: Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital
- Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Cardiology
- Director, High Risk Cardiovascular Obstetrics Cardiology
- Present: Assistant Professor, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Areas of Speciality
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Women’s Heart Diseases
- New York Super Doctors 2017 to 2021
- New York Rising Stars 2016, 2014, 2013
- Internal Medicine - American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease - American Board of IM / Cardiovascular Disease
- Adult Comp Echocardiography - National Board of Echocardiography
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease - American Board of IM / Adult Congenital Heart Dis.