Morphological and Functional Evaluation for Complex PCI
This webinar is intended to educate interventional cardiologists and cathlab staff on the importance of morphological and functional assessment to optimize patient treatment strategy in complex PCI.
Clinical case scenarios will cover:
- Why it is important to use functional assessment in patients with intermediate, tandem, diffuse and multivessel Coronary Artery Disease and the evidence that supports this strategy.
- An introduction to iFR and resting indices, and the hybrid approach combining iFR and FFR.
- Scenarios where iFR adds value to FFR alone in multiple lesions and myocardial bridges.
- A forward look towards the importance of ongoing clinical trials - Syntax II, Define FLAIR and iFR -Swedeheart
- The role of IVUS in complex lesion type beyond Left Main
This webinar is supported by:
This webinar is intended to inform and educate cardiologists on:
- The clinical value of Morphological and Functional assessment in patients with complex coronary disease: multivessel, multilesions, left main and myocardial bridges
- The tools that are available to determine if ischemia is present in patients with intermediate, tandem, diffuse and multivessel CAD
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Interventional Fellows
- Cathlab Nurses and Managers
Prof Giuseppe Tarantini serves as Head of the Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, University of Padua Medical School, Padua (Italy) and in an internationally renowned researcher in the fields of ischemic heart disease, structural heart disease and cardiomyopathies.
He acts as first operator for a wide range of interventional procedures including Coronary interventions (including atherectomies), Peripheral interventions (Carotid and Renal) and Structural Heart interventions (ASDs, PFOs, TAVI and AVP).
Prof Tarantini is a faculty member of a number of international conferences including Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT), Congresso della Societa Italiana di Cardiologia Invasiva (SICI-GISE), Euro PCR and European Society of Cardiology (ESC). He has published 245 clinical papers and serves as an editorial board member and reviewer for a number of respected journals.