Dr Dean J Kereiakes (The Lindner Research Center at The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, US) discusses the results of the Disrupt CAD III Trial.
The study investigated the safety and effectiveness of the Shockwave Medical Coronary Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) System in de novo, calcified, stenotic coronary arteries prior to stenting.
1. Why was the Disrupt CAD III study conducted following Disrupt CAD I?
3. What was the design, patient population and endpoints?
4. What were the key results?
5. Can you tell us about the technology of the Shockwave Medical Coronary IVL System?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. How should patient selection be prioritised in consideration of cost?
7. How should these findings impact treatment and what are the next steps for future research?
Recorded remotely from Cincinnati, 2020.
Recording Editor: Leiah Norcott